Duda diesel chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can set your in/out for wort and out/in for water in either direction as long as they are flowing in opposite ways.

There isn't a set in/out direction that you're supposed to use it with. I noticed my Duda Diesel chiller didn't have explicit markings but it shouldn't matter.

Thanks I wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy. Now I'm sure I had it connected right maybe the unit I bought isn't that great. I used to have a Blichmann Therminator (was labeled) and the wort came out as cold as the ground water instantly(was more than 2 x the price) Not the case with this one, I may have to try recirculating?

Pay attempt to the plate chiller number as well as the plate chiller length. I went for the double-length 30 plate model over going for 40 plate. But I also recirculate to reduce the amount of cold break that gets into the fermenter.

It can drop it from boiling to 80F in a few minutes.

Mine has a diagram on the back. It doesn't explictly say "COLD WATER IN" or "HOT WORT IN", but it does say something to the effect of "A -> B C -> D", with an exploded diagram of the chiller. It's pretty easy to figure out.

B3-12A 30, I'll try it again. This was my first brew on a new system, bad brew day. Thanks for the help

kombat said:
Mine has a diagram on the back. It doesn't explictly say "COLD WATER IN" or "HOT WORT IN", but it does say something to the effect of "A -> B C -> D", with an exploded diagram of the chiller. It's pretty easy to figure out.

Mine has the exploded view I'll Check it out,(overlooked the small print) the plate chiller was the only component in my new system that I didn't thoroughly test. I assumed and you know what they say about assuming!

It helps when you test a unit first as I did with the rest of my system!

The ports are marked on the unit and I followed the flow mentioned above and on Duda's website

I ran a test yesterday and with ground water in the 80's and 8 gal of boiling H2O, it took a good while to get the H2O down to 80. The exit water was hot and definite heat exchange occurred it just took time. I probably should have spent more went with a different Duda unit.

For now I'll use it and just recirculate the wort and try save as much cooling H2O as possible.

Back