Dual-regulator issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyDoctor

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Greetings.

This may be a stupid question - but I'm having an issue with my dual-body regulator.

The regulator body closest to the CO2 tank can be set at any pressure I chose without an issue, but the regulator farthest from the tank seems to not get beyond 10psi, even with it cranked open all the way. I would think there was an issue with the gas getting to the second regulator, but the pressure gauge is attached to the second body, and it reads 600 psi, so there should be plenty of pressure.

Is there some basic rule I'm missing here about the way these dual regulators work?

Thanks for any advice.

You're not missing anything, they should work just like you think they should.
It sounds like something is amiss with the second regulator. I'd contact the supplier to see what the next step will be...

Cheers!

Both regulators should work indeendent of each other. my best guess is the gauge on the second regulator is damaged & not moving past 10 PSI.

Thanks for the replies. Turns out it was a stupid mistake on my part - the nut was limiting how far I could open the valve, now its fine...stupid as I said.

Latest posts

Back