dual regulator -- expandable manifold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bannerj

Reaction score
Getting my head wrapped around ALL the options. The systems offered from places like keg connection offer the upgrade to a dual regulator. The question for me is expandability. I'm going to do a keezer starting with two taps.

I understand that some regulators are expandable. Can you expand on the taprite dual reg too?

I'm getting my vocab screwed up no doubt. Help a brother out.

I have two taprites on the end of my regator train lol, remove the gauge, insert adapter, add another regulator.

20141228_144801.jpg

This may be obvious to most? I've not seen any of this in person. All my friend/brewers bottle. Help is appreciated.

yes un thread the tank pressure gauge, thread on additional reg re install tank gauge on new reg so it looks like the first pic in the thread.

Yes you should be able to add to that, just making sure to get the correct left hand or right hand threads . Personally I'd instead add some downstream secondaries. smitha's seems to fit perfectly in his keezer but in most places that arrangement would be pretty precarious. Especially if your want your tank outside someday, it would be very top heavy and I wouldn't think you'd want want all those lines heading in. With the dual primary outside you could use one port for purging and maybe carbing at room temp if you run out of room in the keezer, then run the other to a bank of secondaries mounted inside to provide your different carbing/serving pressures if you wanted. Or you could go with just a single primary and a bank of secondaries. Different strokes and all that...

Back