Dual gas regulators?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeDogsNE

Good for what ales you
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 4 burner stand with 90k BTU 3 ring burners that I built to use in my old house with 1" natural gas pipe to the unit. I moved to the country, and had to switch to propane. I put an RV auto changeover regulator (Camco 59005) on the beam, but if I have many burners going, I run low on gas. It looks like the least expensive solution right now is to put another one of the same regulators on the other end of the pipe and run gas into the beam from both ends. Is there any problem with having two regulators feeding into the same gas beam? I don't want to spend a lot on this, as I hope it will be a temporary fix. I plan to switch to electric brewing after the electricians upgrade power to my garage, but it does not look like that will happen soon. I tried searching, but did not see this question addressed. Thanks.

Bump. Does anyone know of a reason I can't run gas into a manifold from two directions, with propane tanks and manifolds at both ends? If there is a problem, please stop me before I buy the stuff.

I do believe your problem is your dual source RV reglator. It is a low(ish) pressure reg (160000 BTU/Hr) if I'm not mistaken. For those burners you need a high pressure regulator
A second reg should work but only if you separate your burners into 2 and 2

Latest posts

Back