Dry Hops Falling Out Too Soon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrgrimm101

Reaction score
I'm probably overthinking things, but I wanted to get some opinions. I dry hopped an IPA 2 days ago (Sunday) and this morning (Tuesday) I noticed that about half of the dry hops have already settled. I don't think I've ever had this happen before. Usually they stay on top of the beer and sit in a thick layer until I cold crash. Sometimes I will *gently* rock the fermenter to get the thick layer to break apart and start settling..I usually do this a day or 2 before I cold crash.

This one is different. It's supposed to dry hop for 6 days but on the 2nd morning about half of the dry hops have settled into the trub layer. My concern is they will not be as effective as they would be had they sat on top.

Is this a legit concern? Or should I just RDWHAHB?

Different hop pellet varieties will drop at different rates but they are still in contact with the beer. I wouldn't worry about aroma loss.

Latest posts

Back