Dry Hoppping Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redrider736

Reaction score
With only a few BIAG brews under my belt I want to try Dry Hopping.

I just brewed a small 2g IPA batch and split the batch between two 1g fermenters.
I want to Dry Hop the one and leave the other alone to be able to compare the two.

I used Chinook as my SOB Bittering Hop and Amarillo, Cascade, Simcoe at 45 and Steep.

What Hop(s) and amount of Hop(s) should I use to Dry Hop ?? I read 1-2 oz per 5g, so I thought 1/2oz for my 1g batch ????

I would dry hop with cascade...it gives a nice orange/citrus aroma. As far as how much for a one gallon batch I think .25-.5 ounces will work for you.

:mug:

screw that noise. Toss in 1-2oz. You cant really overdo dry hops.

Amarillo, Chinook, or Simcoe Id go with

I've been gradually working my way up to 1 oz per gal. This should make a nice comparison to the one without dry hops.

Any of the hops you mentioned would be great for dry hopping. Choose two.

Can't really go wrong with those selections. I commonly do amarillo/simcoe or cascade/simcoe in a 50/50 split for late and dry hopping, for some citrus + pine. 0.5 to an oz sounds good.

ThX BoyZ !

Think I will go with 1oz mix of the Amarillo & Simcoe only cuz I just did a Cascade Smash. It will be cool to see how she compares to the non-Dry Hop'd!!

Back