dry hopping in my keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewski08

Reaction score
i was thinking about simply zip tying very securely a nylon hop bag around the beer out tube that extends to the bottom of my keg. i would then add 2 oz of whole hops to my keg.

does anyone have a reason why this WOULDN'T work? i like to keep things simple.

Would you be able to remove the bag or are you leaving it until the keg is empty? I'd want it close enough to the lid that I could take it out after a few days. I've seen corny lids somewhere that have a ring underneath so you can tie a hop bag to it, can't remember which vendor had them.

Would you be able to remove the bag or are you leaving it until the keg is empty? I'd want it close enough to the lid that I could take it out after a few days. I've seen corny lids somewhere that have a ring underneath so you can tie a hop bag to it, can't remember which vendor had them.

i would keep the bag in there along with the hops until the keg is empty. the bag would serve as a type of filtering system and the hops would be floating around my beer. the hops would not be in my nylon bag.

i was thinking about simply zip tying very securely a nylon hop bag around the beer out tube that extends to the bottom of my keg. i would then add 2 oz of whole hops to my keg.

does anyone have a reason why this WOULDN'T work? i like to keep things simple.

The last time I dry hopped in the keg, I just zip-tied the bag shut with the hops inside. Worked great. Seems like your method would work well too. A clog would be a real PITA, if on the off chance it happened.

I have CO2 stones in all my serving kegs. They are attached to a piece of clear hose that reaches the bottom of the corny. I put a stainless hose clamp on them, and if I am going to dry hop a particular beer, I slide the top of the bag or the drawstring through the hose at a point that will suspend the bag about halfway down in the keg and tighten the clamp enough to keep it in place.

Back