Dry Hopping in a Tap-a-Draft

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mewithstewpid

Reaction score
Im planning a saison, and want to dry hop only a portion of it with amarillo in the "keg" aka tap-a-draft.

Ive been thinking about the best way to do this as to not get too many grassy flavors.

In HBT's opinion, would it be better to dry hop at bottling time, then let the beer sit in the tap a draft at room temp for 2-3 weeks prior to tapping?

the alternative would be to add the dry hops just prior to Co2 injection. For those not familiar with the TAD, you naturally carb the beer, place in the fridge for a couple days, then open and apply the pouring spigot. Would this be a better time to dry hop, as the beer is cold, already carbonated, and going to be in the fridge from this point on?

thanks for the help

rich

I would carbonate in the tap a draft then add the hops using a hop bag before to put the the tap a handle on.

I realize that it's probably too late for this, but have you ever tried dry hopping in the primary fermenter? Check out this article. I have had very good luck with this and no problems later on with hop bits in the keg.

oh yes i do that all the time, but:

this is only a portion of the 5 gallon batch

and i also want to do some tripple dry hoped pale ales soon.

Latest posts

Back