dry hopping, but most of the hops are not in contact with the beer (pic)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfecxion

Reaction score
They've just been sitting on the top like this for 4 days now. There is 3oz in there; how can they add tastiness to my ipa when theyre not even in contact with it? should i press them down into the beer?

72205DC2-CCBC-4BE7-B8D1-683513FC2812.jpg

I would press them down into the beer, otherwise you're just making the headspace smell good ;)

if i tried to scoop them out and put them in a mesh bag and weigh them down would i be taking too big an infection risk?

A weighed down mesh bag works great, but at this point I'd just use a sanitized spoon and carefully push them down into the beer. Once wet they should submerge nicely for you...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

In the future...mesh bag with marbles...it will rise and sink and the marbles create lots of spaces for contact.

i had kind of gotten the impression that bags are not so great for pellets, but this was the first time i used whole leaves. lesson learned

Back