Dry Hopping and Jalapeno's?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegades_Brew

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, So I have a jalapeno wheat that finished its primary stay and is now in secondary. In the transfer I took a sample and there was a nice mild burn. However the flavor of the beer was totally covered by the taste of the pepper.

Now I am all for a background flavor of jalapeno with a nice burn. However its seriously like drinking a pepper... all the vegetable flavors and all...

Anyone know a good pairing of hops to help cover up the vegie flavors? SWMBO also sampled it and agreed that we both want a slight citrus twinge with the burn in the background. I wasn't sure if dry hopping with Citra would work. I am coming to the experience of everyone else here to see what might work.

Also this will be my first time dry hopping... Can I dry hop with pellets?

I haven't tried my hand with peppers yet, so I can't comment on that.

However, re:dry hopping with pellets, that's all I dry hop with and it works great. Might want to consider a hop sock although I just let it ride and free-float the hops.

Latest posts

Back