Dry hopped Delirium Tremens

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelrapp

Reaction score
So I brewed up 10g of the DT recipe that is on here, and damn is the first keg dead on. Side by side and people can't tell you which is which. The problem comes in when you start talking about keg #2. I didn't mark what was what and I thought I was dry hopping a lager and ended up dry hopping the DT with Cascade. Anyone ever try this or thoughts on what it will taste like? It is carbonated so I might throw it on the tap to find out after work.

Well sometimes dry hopping with an american hop can work in a belgian. There are a few examples like duvel triple hop but most seem to use amarillo. Should be interesting. Worst case scenario you can just age it and the hop flavor will age out eventually.

This is my first post on homebrew. DT is one of my favorite brews. I have been through the very long thread on here about DTs. There were many different recipes listed in there. Would you mind posting the one that you used? I would love to brew this. Thank you.

So turned out I got my kegs all confused and I dry hopped the proper keg, the DT was spared. Yeah I used the one from HBT can't recall the link right now. Spot on though. I did find that it mixed perfectly w/ a lager I'd made that was dry hopped w/ Cascade and created an entirely new beer that was great on its own.

Back