Dry hop feedback/suggestions "she got the job ale"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bannerj

Reaction score
My wife was just hired for a tenure track job in academia--a big accomplishment. I'm brewing a beer to celebrate. We decided the beer needs to be bitter sweet for several reasons.

Anyway, I just did the FG reading and tasted the sample of course. It's doing well, very bitter and it has that fruity base that I wanted out of the FWH. Now to dry hop. I'd love some feedback since I've haven't done something this bitter.

I've got citra, simcoe and amrillo on hand.

1011591_863748968095_352388010_n.jpg

I would dry hop 1.5 ounces simcoe and 1.5 ounces Amarillo. These 2 hops always pair well with each other. Also, 4 to 7 days time wise once you reach final gravity. If you want more floral notes, dry hop with a couple of gravity points left.

I ended up dry hopping with Amarillo. So here is the confusing thing: with an ounce of nugget at 60 and an ounce of columbus at 40, I thought this would be pretty darn bitter. Initially one of my hyro samples did taste like it was going to be the most bitter beer I've made, then in the bottle it all smoothed out??

Is it possible to keep that bitter intensity with late additions and dry hops of amarillo?

I'm trying to get a bitter yet fruity/citrus beer.

Back