dry and watery no taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanieb

Reaction score
Hi guys
1st time fermenting cider
Demi John 4 litre (tesco apple concentrate)
(Young’s cider yeast)
after 8 days all
Sediment has fell to the bottom .hydrometer states 1.000 At present which I researched and fermentation should be complete

Anyway tested a sample and very watery and almost a bitter sort of taste not much flavour of apple

racked it now to secondary and added some artificial sweetener canderal 5 tea spoons

alos topped it off with some more apple juice to reduce head room

my problem is now could I be left with a tasteless cider and also one that may not carbonate in the bottles as there no sign of fermintation even though I added the extra Litre

go easy guys 😂
This is my first and all my research is all online

The missus is also going off the head as I have Demi johns all over the house 😜

forgot to mention temp is roughly between 17-20 degree centigrade

any ideas guys will be well appreciated

You could rack onto 1/2 can FAJC, which would bring back flavor,, I would add some
1590362458797.png
to get it to ferment out and than you bottle with about 1/2 of the left over FAJC. That will give you a tasty(apple) well carbonated Cider, that will make you you lean back and rest your weary brewing bones!!!!
Good luck

You could rack onto 1/2 can FAJC, which would bring back flavor,, I would add some View attachment 682007 to get it to ferment out and than you bottle with about 1/2 of the left over FAJC. That will give you a tasty(apple) well carbonated Cider, that will make you you lean back and rest your weary brewing bones!!!!
Good luck
Thank you mate have some of the Nottingham stuff ordered and will give that a go

awesome mate sounds like a plan !!! 🤩

thank you !!!!

Back