Dropped Timer in Boiling Wort...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerens

Reaction score
So I am setting my timer and one of my brew buddies bumps into me and my timer falls out of my hand and into my just boiling wort. It was in there for about 60 seconds. I pulled it out and checked the battery and it was not compromised. :drunk:

Anyone know if I can drink the beer or should I toss it?

So I am setting my timer and one of my brew buddies bumps into me and my timer falls out of my hand and into my just boiling wort. It was in there for about 60 seconds. I pulled it out and checked the battery and it was not compromised. :drunk:

Anyone know if I can drink the beer or should I toss it?

I had some help dropping a 12" adjustable wrench in my mash duing sparge. I still call the recipe "Rusty Wrench Red Ale", but haven't added the secret ingredient since the first batch.

It turned out great by the way.

I wouldn't drink it until it cools down and is fermented out :D The only issue would be sanitation, and if it was boiling then that's not an issue either. I've lost digital thermometers and timers by dropping them in the boil. I need to get the timer you have if it survived the boil and still works.

Send us all a bottle (or six) to test when complete...I'm sure it will be awful!!!

I clogged the valve on my keggle this past weekend with fresh hops (yes I will use a nylon bag next time), and had an adjustable and both hands in the chilled wort trying to undo the union to get the siphon tube out (of course I dunked it in Iodophor, but still).

It is now fermenting like a mother!

No worries.

Never dropped anything into the boil kettle yet..knock, knock... I did drop a Black Berry phone into a cooler full of ice water ,with a recirculating pump that feeds my chiller to help get my wort to 65 degrees in the summer. I didn't know it was in there until after the brew chilled. It was the most expensive ale that I have brewed.

Latest posts

Back