Drip tray

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah unfortunately the space where it will go can only fit up to a 3 3/4 deep tray. I know I can just get a rubber bar mat but would prefer a drip tray.

Take a tape measure with you (or do some online digging) to the BBQ section of a big box hardware store or BBQ accessory places and measure SS smoker boxes, you might find one that fits your size needs. Years ago on here there was an alternative drip tray thread, and that was one of the ideas... I had one on my first keezer for awhile but eventually went with a standard one...

They come in various styles and sizes....

a4b04a27_bbq_smoking_box_with_lid__45117_zoom.jpeg

smoker_box.jpg

7555e54abd754f4d3123bf9cd20e42a0.jpg

If you had one like the bottom one you could even cut each row of hole with a dremmel cutoff wheel and make a grate out of it.

Thanks for the idea Revvy. But I think I am gonna just go with a rubber bar mat. My wife is concerned that having a custom cut drip tray in a wood box will lead to the wood getting funky and since I'm usually twice as paranoid as she is I would have to agree.

Wood box? I didn't say anything about a wood box- these things are all stainless or cast iron. They're meant to sit inside a bbq.

And if you DID do something with a wood box, all you'd need to do is seal the wood.

I know you didn't say anything about a wood box. But I would need to have it sit in something and since I only need something the size of a bar mat I would have to cut the wood chip holder down to size and make a custom base for it.

Back