Dried Apricot and Lilac Saison Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hahayepyep

Reaction score
The fragrance coming from the airlock of this batch is the most heavenly aroma I've had from any batch of anything I've ever made. Fruity, floral, saison-y, and slightly alcoholic. This is my first try with this recipe and I'm very excited to see how it finishes.

It's a simple cider of 6 gallons Kirkland "Fresh Pressed" not from concentrate apple juice (no additives), one 11.5 oz can of Langers FAJC, and Belle Saison yeast. Primary started at 64F and ramped up to 80F when signs of fermentation slowed. Racked onto 3 lbs of chopped organic dried apricots ("Made in Nature" brand, unsulphured, no oil, no preservatives), 3/4 of a pint jar of dried lilac blossoms from our yard, and 1 tsp cracked coriander seed. Temp is being held at 80-82F still and the ferment kicked right back up a few hours after racking on to the apricots.

These quantities were pulled from thin air, so I hope nothing's too far out of proportion in the end. Anyone else have experiences with dried apricots and/or lilacs in a cider?

I feel like i'd secondary at a lower temperature if you're able to. Should be a pretty interesting cider though!

Latest posts

Back