Dreams - Take one, Leave one

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had a severe inception-style dream not that long ago. i used to have them off and on even before that movie came out, but this last one was like 5 levels deep and very vivid.

i still don't know if i'm awake.....

I had some where I was 3-4 levels deep. It was 10+ years ago.

When I was kid, I had a recurring dream that I could fly. I had it at least twice a week. It was fun.

Over the last 20-25 years, I have had this really strange dream. I used to have it once or twice a week, now it's maybe once a month. In this dream I am driving. At some point during the dream, I must start to wake up, because I know I'm dreaming, but at this point I can no longer see. So now I'm driving, but I'm blind. On one level, I know that I am dreaming so it's not a big deal, but the other part of me, that is still dreaming, is freaking out, because I think I'm going to crash. My heart races and it gets really scary, then I wake up. This dream always occurs right before I wake up for the day and it happens three or four times in a row. I will scare myself awake, doze back off, and it happens again, until I am completely awake. I would love to know what this one means.

When I was kid, I had a recurring dream that I could fly. I had it at least twice a week. It was fun.

Over the last 20-25 years, I have had this really strange dream. I used to have it once or twice a week, now it's maybe once a month. In this dream I am driving. At some point during the dream, I must start to wake up, because I know I'm dreaming, but at this point I can no longer see. So now I'm driving, but I'm blind. On one level, I know that I am dreaming so it's not a big deal, but the other part of me, that is still dreaming, is freaking out, because I think I'm going to crash. My heart races and it gets really scary, then I wake up. This dream always occurs right before I wake up for the day and it happens three or four times in a row. I will scare myself awake, doze back off, and it happens again, until I am completely awake. I would love to know what this one means.

Those aren't dreams. They're blackouts. You're going to get a DWI and lose your taxi license if you don't straighten up .

This morning I was dreaming I was fighting a boss in a video game. Each time I'd get him down to 1%, my alarm would go off and he'd kill me. Three times hitting snooze, and I never beat him.

I have a recurring dream about having to pee but all of the toilets are missing or messed up. Then I wake up go pee(in my bathroom) then go back to bed

I have a recurring dream about having to pee but all of the toilets are missing or messed up. Then I wake up go pee(in my bathroom) then go back to bed

Similarly, I dream that I am peeing, often in weird or embarrassing places, but it takes forever and doesn't relieve the urge. Then I wake up and go to the bathroom.

Ok, I've got to resurrect this thread, and conveniently it picks up right where we left off:

I had one of those "gotta pee" dreams last night. I was in some kind of big arena with public restrooms. All the urinals were the kind that go all the way down to the floor. I walked up to it, and the backsplash (or whatever you call it) lit up like a screen on an old arcade game. Then there were targets and stuff to hit with the "stream". I only got the #3 high score though, so I guess I'll have to try again tonight.

That's gotta exist somewhere, probably Japan...right? If not, BRB, I need to go apply for a patent.

Ok, I've got to resurrect this thread, and conveniently it picks up right where we left off:

I had one of those "gotta pee" dreams last night. I was in some kind of big arena with public restrooms. All the urinals were the kind that go all the way down to the floor. I walked up to it, and the backsplash (or whatever you call it) lit up like a screen on an old arcade game. Then there were targets and stuff to hit with the "stream". I only got the #3 high score though, so I guess I'll have to try again tonight.

That's gotta exist somewhere, probably Japan...right? If not, BRB, I need to go apply for a patent.

When you design it don't make the targets too high. Old guys like me don't have the range we once did.

When you design it don't make the targets too high. Old guys like me don't have the range we once did.

That's alright, I'm also working on a toilet that doubles as a game of Battleship.

Who else wants in on the ground floor of this business venture? We're sitting on a goldmine, you guys!

Wait...that came out wrong.

Looks like one of my thematic dream cycles is starting up again. Have had the same event happen in two dreams so far. For some reason I find a strange square black hole/portal type of thing that is about 1 foot square hovering about 4-5 feet off the ground. I have not determined what I am supposed to do with it yet, but I have thrown stuff into it and watched it get sucked in. I can still describe the square portal. Its kinda like heat haze all around the edges. No one else can see it until I point it out.

I guess I am bumping an old thread, but has anyone else had anything interesting recently?

Night before last had a dream I remember 0% of what went on other than waking up thinking what the ****k was that about?
So far no other dreams just darkness falling asleep and waking up normally.

I am frequently startled out of bed in a state of adrenaline fueled shock and confusion. Dunno if from dream or from real world stimulus.

I frequently have lucid dreams and have had full conversations with my wife about my dream while I am in it, but can't remember any of it once I am actually awake.

I also go into spells where I am very vocal in my sleep. To the point that I've been banished to another room until the spell stops.

Ah man, I was having some bizarre dreams last week. I thought of this thread, but didn't bother to go searching for it. I can't remember them now but it was the same kind of thing where you wake up and think, "what the hell was going on in my head?"

Had a dream last night in which I was going to some shindig with Kirsten Dunst & Kristen Bell. They were getting something done to their dresses & were standing on stools. Kirsten's dress was a long skirt with a short top that left her tummy bare. The stool put her belly button at the perfect height for me to kiss & of course I did just that. And then I woke up; DAMMIT! A pleasant dream, though too short & unfinished. Kirsten enjoyed the kiss & Kristen was excitedly waiting for her turn. ;)
Regards, GF.

kirsten-dunst.jpg

Kristen_Bell.jpg

Had a weird one the other weekend. Not sure what it was about but it was during an exhausted sleep so whatever. Apparently the floor of my kitchen collapsed in a kinda sinkhole in the middle of it. Out of the hole started crawling crabs, the kind that is delicious especially with drawn butter. They seemed to be made of red hot coals with some flame coming off them. Kind of beautiful really. Nothing really came of it, but apparently I was slightly worried in my dream.

Had a weird one last night. I can't recall the details anymore, but it was based around someone on here sending me a HB Imperial Stout that was colored by brewing with squid ink.

Don't do that. :drunk:

When I was about 5 years old, me and my two brothers were spending the weekend at my grandma and aunt Pearls house.
When I woke-up in the morning I said, "hey, I was thinking in my sleep last night".
My aunt Pearl laughed and said no, you were dreaming.

I used to dream, and then I just stopped. It isn't that I don't remember them, I just stopped dreaming.

I am a dangerously insane human being.

Back