Draft Brewer Flex Keg System - Good Value?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WayFrae

Homebrew Enthusiast
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have been looking at getting set up to start kegging. I have had my eye on the Draft Brewer Flex Keg System from Midwest Supplies for a while now and I just received a 20% off coupon from them which would make it cost $295 including shipping. My fiancee also has given me $200 in gift cards to Midwest for my birthday and Valentine's day so my cost would be $95.

My question is do you guys think that the 2 new ball lock kegs, The Governor Double Body Regulator, and gas/liquid lines are worth the $295? It looks to me like it is everything I need except the CO2 tank.

Here is a link for reference: http://www.midwestsupplies.com/draft-brewer-dual-keg-system-w-double-co2-regulator.html

Looks like a decent deal to me, especially since you have all that "free" money to spend at Midwest. You could do better shopping other sources and going with used kegs, but for new kegs and $95 out of pocket, I'd say go for it.

After I bottled around 11 batches, I decided to bite the bullet and build a keezer. The saying that you wont regret it holds true in my case as well.
I don't see myself going back to bottling. I purchased a growler filler off eBay for my 525 perlick taps and filled my first 1L EZ cap swing bottle last night for a friend. My goal was to test the carbonation loss. I capped while it was on foam and it did great. Kegging is the way to go for sure. You will be amazed at your first kegging session how much quicker it is getting it into the keg. The dregs is the bottle is nil compared to bottle carbing, and the time spent while bottling really was long for me as I always put my bottles in a soak of oxyclean in a large cooler, washed them, then even using a vinator to sanitize, it took forever to get capped and cleaned up. Now, wow...its so much quicker and keeps my interest with much less work and hassle.

And if you keep the kegs cold and go with a similar style, you don't need to clean and sanitize between batches :)

Try it at your own risk, but I've done it without issue. Giant time saver.

That's a pretty nice kit- I've never had new corny kegs because Im cheap, but I'm sure they're worth the price admission.

Honestly piecing the kit together on your own may save you a few bucks even after shipping, but (IMO) if you compromise on stuff like the dual regulator you end up losing in the long run.

Back