Double Bastard Bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cody6173

Reaction score
So the plan is to bottle my double bastard clone tomorrow. Brewed it back in January, primary for a month or so and secondary ever since. The samples taste dead on so I don't want to screw this up. Should I pitch a half pack or so of dry yeast to ensure fermentation? Also what kind of carb level is recommended? I've been trying to choke down a waaaay over carbed cascadian dark ale for about six months and don't want to do that again.

Please post your recipe & process. There's quite a few of us here that are interested in the DB.

3-4 months of secondary on a high ABV beer? Yea, drop half a pack of rehydrated dry yeast in there with your priming sugar, if just for your peace of mind. 2.5 volumes of CO2 should be right where you want it.

I'm sure the sheet is at the house somewhere although I'm not too keen on posting a recipe that isn't mine especially since AHS are the ones who did all the leg work of putting it together. I feel like if they wanted everyone to have the recipe without purchasing the kit they would make it available on their website or the forum. Sorry, I wish I could be of more help but I hate to step on the guys at AHS's toes especially since this is how they make their living.

Back