dos and don'ts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLivermore

Reaction score
Don't:

Move wort from burner, then thoughtlessly set bag of DME on burner to cut open, burning it, getting some burnt plastic in your beer, DME all over, and a bad stink.

photo.JPG

I'd hit that with a vacuum cleaner before cracking out the sponge.

As for the thread topic,
Don't:

Taste the spoon when making burnt mead.

I think I identified the problem: drinking significantly less than usual during this brew

don't have a vacuum but I was thinking the same thing. No idea how I'm gonna get the stuff down beneath the surface. I'm probably not.

good as new (ish)

Stuff was carmelized on, almost like hard candy and I think is blocking the pilot or autolight guy. Maybe giving up, contemplating coat hanger gymnastics.

photo.JPG

photo(1).JPG

who knew a stovetop opens on a fulcrum like the hood of a car? i cracked it open and there was tons more DME in there. I unscrewed the burner and got it out and clean, also cleaned up all the DME. Pretty satisfying.

I just figured that out about our electric stove after a boil over a couple weeks back, too! Lol...

Back