Dortmunder Gold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GLish830

Reaction score
I was wanting to try to clone Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold. I see from their website that they use Mt Hood and Casacade. If anybody is familiar with this lager, maybe share your thoughts on when to casacade and how much? I have only been brewing for a month so I am not familiar with Cascade as a lager hop. Its 30 IBUs at 5.8%
Thanks

I was wanting to try to clone Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold. I see from their website that they use Mt Hood and Casacade. If anybody is familiar with this lager, maybe share your thoughts on when to casacade and how much? I have only been brewing for a month so I am not familiar with Cascade as a lager hop. Its 30 IBUs at 5.8%
Thanks

Dortmunder gold doesn't taste citrusy to me, so I'd use the cascade for bittering, and put a little Mt hood at 20 minutes or so.

FWIW, on the GL theme, I’ve brewed the AHA’s Edmund Fitz Porter clone 5 times now and it is crazy good. Spot on to the original. Always in the winter rotation.

Last edited:
Back