Dopplebock help wlp833

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jturman35

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys I brewed a 1.080 Dopplebock Sunday and pitched a 5l starter which I built up over a week. It is now going on four days and I noticed no pressure or bubbles. Pitched at low 60’s while beer was in process of cooling down and got it down to 49. I have only done two lagers so I know they can be slow. I even used oxygen when I pitched.

Assumed my conical had a leakthis morning I took a hydrometer reading and I’m still at 1.080.
Is it too late to purchase some wlp833 and pitch once it arrives? This has never happend to me in over 60 batches of brewing. Sucks because I even did a decotion mash on the stove.

Any suggestions? I bumped it up to mid 50s and shaked the conical.

Attachments

• 1B9973EE-638E-418D-BE49-DAAE43CC9EEB.jpeg
    1B9973EE-638E-418D-BE49-DAAE43CC9EEB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Popped the top off the conical and pitched a pack of US05, it’s all I had. Also warming into the mid 60’s. I tried rousing the yeast using C02 but I doubt that did anything. This is a first me and still scratching my head. I built up three startes 2-2L and a 1L and gave them plenty of time on the stir plate. The final starter I pitched the whole 1L vial.

Last edited:
Back