don't know how to explain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vrodbrad

Reaction score
Okay I need some help, trying to figure this one out. Back in Febuary I made an Imperial stout. I let it do its thing then I kegged it in three Tap A Draft bottles with honey. After a few weeks carbing I started to drink from the the first tad bottle and everything was fine. No off flavors, tasted great and new it would get better over time.

While I was having a glass from that tad a day the other two sat in the closet. After the first tad was done I pulled out a second and placed in fridge and put tap on it. I started drinking on that one and had no bad taste at all UNTIL at the very end when there was only I would say two glasses left in it.

The beer seemed to have turned sour in that second bottle at the very end of it with what was left in it. Like I said before that glass the day before it was fine, no off flavors at all. but the next day with only a little left in that one it seems to have a sour taste in it.

I pulled out the third tad out of the closet and have it in the fridge chilling right now. will put the tap on it after I thoroughly clean the tap from the second bottle.

Just confused how it seemed fine and the last to glasses of poured beer went sour in that bottle.

Any help as always aprreciated:rockin:

I'm thinking it's possible some trub was being picked up in that last bit left in the second one.
guess you'll see when you pull a pint off the third one.
fingers crossed...

Thanks rekoob and uniondr. I had not thouht about either one of those being possible culprit

Back