DogFish Head 90

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of all DFH's minute IPA's,I like 90 the most. I hate to think of how much it'd cost to brew 5 gallons of it. My Cougar Country IPA used 5 different hops in a PM besides. 8ozs of which went for flavor & aroma. Citrusy resiny herbal goodness. Kinda reminded me of it...

Of all DFH's minute IPA's,I like 90 the most. I hate to think of how much it'd cost to brew 5 gallons of it. My Cougar Country IPA used 5 different hops in a PM besides. 8ozs of which went for flavor & aroma. Citrusy resiny herbal goodness. Kinda reminded me of it...

Jaspers home brew has a clone kit for like $38. I plan ordering a couple kits form them shortly and was thinking of getting this one. Obviously I have no idea if it is even close to the real thing but it seemed super reasonably priced to me. DFH 90 is pretty much the only IPA I REALLY like and would be thrilled to make it for less than a dollar a bottle.

Jaspers home brew has a clone kit for like $38. I plan ordering a couple kits form them shortly and was thinking of getting this one. Obviously I have no idea if it is even close to the real thing but it seemed super reasonably priced to me. DFH 90 is pretty much the only IPA I REALLY like and would be thrilled to make it for less than a dollar a bottle.

Still cant find the 120. Its like a unicorn to me. That and bells hop slam. Dying to try them. Speaking of DFH though, found a 4 pack of their Burton Baton. That is one tasty brew!

Had a very similar experience this weekend with stones ruination. Got a bomber if it, popped the top and was slammed in the face with cenntenials. Mmm good stuff. Hopslam last year was great to me as well, but I hear its almost always different every year.

I had a 90 Minute in New York the other week, I was very excited to try it because DFH is impossible to get in the UK.

It was pretty good I guess... I was already pretty drunk though so I probably didn't appreciate it fully.

All of the minutes are good but man, they taste so different to me now after trying thousands of beers, after having them again a few years later. I still enjoy them and think they are pretty quality beers but not exactly fitting into my favorate beer list and I dont remember them tasting the way they do now that the way they did then due to palate change and Possibly seasonal/yearly hop differences?. I remember trying them first when I got back into craft beer origionally and was completley inspired and blown away by them. I use to think 90 min was strong and malty and a bit much, but Ive come far down the road with all the doubles and barley wines and such. Now to me the 90 min is standard ipa and 60 is like session good ipa. And I use to like 60 min way more. My palate did like a 360 a couple of times. I think my palate may becoming a bit snobby mcsnobkins.

Local place is finally getting dfh after all these years. I tried 90 minute couple weeks ago for the first time. Maybe I was just overly hyped about trying it, I was expecting a much different beer than I tasted. I'd probly buy it again sometime but, definately won't be running back for more

Latest posts

Back