Does your brew seem to disappear quickly?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HawgDaddy

Reaction score
Do your friends come over and indulge? I hope so and that's what we want! Besides being free, it's also a sign of compliment. But if you have some that you feel over indulge, try putting a tip jar on the bar. For the next batch. The silence of the jar speaks volumes and seems to make them realize that making good beer DOES come at a cost. CHEERS brothers and sisters.

1397410886886.jpg

Yea, someone sneaks into my house at night and hits the taps.

Plus, I hate giving my beer to people I know won't appreciate it.

Most of the time yes, but when I have a batch ready to put in the keg fridge, the keg that's almost empty seems to turn into some magical bottomless container that won't go empty. Every time, I think - okay, this has to be the last pull, then I can put my new killer batch that I'm so excited about in the fridge. What? There's more??!?!

All good points. Didn't really mean to rant or whine. Just would like people to appreciate the time it takes and the cost and dedication involved. I give my beer, never charge. But I know me and I know if someone did this for me I, I would feel better about it coming around more often if I contributed a tiny bit. The money is no problem and it IS a hobby, I'm going to do it anyway. I guess it does sound whiny, but I'm sure some understand.

Look at the bright side. You could be like me. I have no friends, and I don't get to brew nearly often enough....

I don't have a lot of friends that come over and indulge very often. I have a close group of about 4 guys who may randomly just show up here and there and we try to get together at least twice a month to have a few drinks together. I wouldn't consider any of them mooches though. One guy always has a great selection of craft brews at his house, another is a Vodka man, a whiskey guy and another one who's big into cigars. It just seems the attitude among us is "My house is open, don't bring anything, I've got it covered." And we always tend to rotate houses.

Yeah, I put actual physical labor into my product, but I certainly would rather do that than have 4 guys show up and kill my $50 bottle of scotch I just bought that day. It seems with these guys, what comes around goes around with us. No one is mooching, so I enjoy letting them indulge when they are at my house.

I guess I'm lucky in not hanging out with any drunks, who's sole purpose is to just get loaded and drink as much of my beer as they can.

Sadly I have no friends in town that enjoy beer... Just joined a homebrew club and so hopefully will change.

Latest posts

Back