Does this sound right...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajbroadway22

Reaction score
Started an IRA two Thursdays ago. Took a reading of 1.012 last Friday (8-days in). Racked to a secondary on Sunday, adding a dash of cinnamon. Within 6-hours... the airlock started to bubble. I figured, in the secondary racking, I may have just re-energized the yeasts, but it has been bubbling at a constant rate of one bubble every 2.5 minutes, followed by two bubbles every 1.5 minutes since. I decided to risk it, and took another reading, which still reads 1.012. Is this kind of reaction normal? And am I safe to bottle?? Thanks!

I'd personally give it another week but this sounds pretty normal. Things do get stirred up a little from a transfer. What was the OG? What yeast did you use?

Its just CO2 coming out of suspension due to the nucleation sites you provided (the cinnamon). Happens all the time when dry hopping. Should be safe to bottle.

Latest posts

Back