Does anybody have this brew pot?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a friend who has this style and he loves it . He ordered it with all the extra add ons also. The only problem he has is getting it to boil :(

If that is where your budget and needs come together go for it. It looks like a pretty decent pot. I have a similiarly sized 9 gallon I snagged off Ebay several months back with a thermometer and 1/2" ball valve. Mine is 16" tall by 13"wide. Some of the pots in the 9-10 gallon range are much wider and not as tall, but I like the ones that are less wide. They fit easier on many propane burner stands, and due to the smaller diameter they lose less volume during boil to boil off as there is less surface area boiling off liquid.

Ya I like that its not so wide, that's the main reason I wanna get them, because anything wider wont fit on my burners. And I think this should be a pretty suitable size for the 5 gal of beer i will be brewing.

That looks like mine, I cant tell 100% though. I have a 9 gallon bayou classic SS pot, I love it, and the price was right. I would of liked something a little bigger, but I also got a 5 gallon SS pot for $25 to heat sparge water.

That looks like mine, I cant tell 100% though. I have a 9 gallon bayou classic SS pot, I love it, and the price was right. I would of liked something a little bigger, but I also got a 5 gallon SS pot for $25 to heat sparge water.

You are correct, it's a bayou.

I have 3 of the 15.5gal ones. I like them, they have the same gauge SS as the most popular pots, and a much closer "ideal" height to width ratio than the megapot or polarware. Cheaper too. The heat conductivity is no different in my experience. This is not to say it is better or worse than mega or polar, just different.

Doesn't have the bling of a blichmann, but with the saved money you can pay someone to tell you it does.

Back