Do you need to cut a keg top for a kettle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burbelly

Reaction score
Do you not know someone with a plasma cutter?

I just finished cutting out my keggle tops with a circle cutting jig and they came out a real good fit. This was quite a relief as planning for the diameter of the hole can be a little nerve racking considering all the offset measuring involved. Too small a diameter and you loose your pilot hole to base the circle around. Too big and the next sized lid will not fit inside the handle rim. I use Winco #17 aluminum lids (they're just lids people!) that are available locally at Restaurant Depot. They leave about a quarter inch of clearance between the lid and the keg handle rim. I used my jig with a Makita 9527nb grinder, which has a nice flat edge to attach to the wood, and DeWalt 4 1/2" (pn: dw8424) cutting wheels.

The Good Part

I'M GIVING AWAY THE JIG FOR FREE TO WHOMEVER NEEDS IT.

The Fine Print

You must pay the actual shipping costs or meet me in Miami, Fl to get it. When you finish with it you must offer it back up on this thread to the next person needing it and they must continue the chain.

AND PLEASE! DON'T OPERATE POWER TOOLS DRUNK LEST YE DOES NOT VALUE ONE'S FINGERS! This jig will run circles around the top when you turn it on and will require you to lock the power switch in the on position WHILE UNPLUGGED before attaching the grinder to the jig as the switch will be inaccessible. A second person to plug the unit in while you hold the jig is a safety necessity!

Take care and lets help out the novices however we can!

Eric

PS Picture to follow

Latest posts

Back