Do you need a 1 off Stainless part built for your system? Let's discuss it.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking for a Thermowell that will fit in a corny keg liquid out dip tube hole and is flared like the dip tube so I can install the post without the poppet and I can run my temp Probe in it and the keg will still be sealed and able to hold pressure. I didn't read this whole thread so if this has been cover already I apologize.

OK we can do this but you need to make sure your probe will fin down IN a dip tube, I believe the ID of those are 1/4" or maybe a TAD smaller.

What we would be doing is taking a NEW straight dip tube and cutting it to the length you tell me. TIG welding a cap on the end and drilling out a ball lock post connector so your probe will fit through the hole and down into the dip tube (now thermowell) using the post connect as your nut to hold the thermowell in place

Let me know if your probe will fit in your dip tube as it site right now and I will get you a price do do it all. Send me a PM with your answer and your Shipping address and I can get you a shipped quote.

Cheers
Jay

I don't have the lid in front of me but if i remember correctly the thermowell can only be about 6-7" long otherwise it contacts the side of the keg when you try to put in the lid in.

You may wish to consider if it really needs to be 16" long. That puts it almost to the bottom of the keg.

I remember it being 10" but your probably right at 8"

Cheers
Jay

Looking at your ultimate sanke cross fermenter kit for a pony keg. What length of thermowell would you recommend for that? I think the spear I pulled out measured out to be about 12".

For the racking cane with the ball lock post, which part of the ball lock assembly is welded to the cane?

Looking at your ultimate sanke cross fermenter kit for a pony keg. What length of thermowell would you recommend for that? I think the spear I pulled out measured out to be about 12".

For the racking cane with the ball lock post, which part of the ball lock assembly is welded to the cane?

Measure from the TC fitting on top to the bottom of the 'INSIDE" of the keg. What ever that is I would deduct about 3-4"

We weld on a 19/32" threaded fitting on that cane

Cheers
Jay

I am using an SS screen hop basket, it is too short, the next size is too big. I want a custom one made to fit my pot. Do you do those?

Shoot me a picture and lets take a look. If it's "fine mesh screen" then no we don't play with that stuff.

Cheers
jay

Does anyone know if the 1 gallon Ball jar will fit the 1 1/2" Tri-Clover adapter?

Does anyone know if the 1 gallon Ball jar will fit the 1 1/2" Tri-Clover adapter?

Where are you finding 1 gallon Ball jars? I have been looking myself so we can offer them with the kits. 1/2 gallon are everywhere but I am not finding 1 gallon.

Cheers
Jay

Looking to get two corny keg lids with thermowells done like the ones schematix requested. Thanks!

Where are you finding 1 gallon Ball jars? I have been looking myself so we can offer them with the kits. 1/2 gallon are everywhere but I am not finding 1 gallon.

Cheers
Jay

Label peelers has them.
Maybe reach out to them for supplier info.

Label peelers has them.
Maybe reach out to them for supplier info.

We actually sell that exact jar. But unfortunately its not a "CANNING" type lid. Its just a plastic lid. I am trying to find the canning style for the CO2 system we developed for suck back issues. The 1/2 gallon work KILLER but I wanted to give the 1 gallon a try.

Cheers
Jay

We actually sell that exact jar. But unfortunately its not a "CANNING" type lid. Its just a plastic lid. I am trying to find the canning style for the CO2 system we developed for suck back issues. The 1/2 gallon work KILLER but I wanted to give the 1 gallon a try.

Cheers
Jay

Ah
One gallon would be great for yeast capture as well
Can't say I've ever seen a true canning gallon jar before. I've seen tons of others. For all practical canning purposes, gallon jars don't make sense. I doubt there are any official ball or Mason ones, unless they are older when canning was more widespread.

How about taking the modified corny keg lid used with Blichmann fermenter and add a stainless cooling coil that can be dropped in the fermenter?

Just a heads up for all who I am working with right now. We are getting all your parts made and am on track. Thank for all the interest in having us build your parts! Were busy but not too busy.

If you have an inquiry don't hesitate to let me know.

Cheers
Jay

OK so a few packages headed out today.

We are in the spot where we can take on a few more projects. If you have an idea and want to see it built let me know.

Cheers
Jay

Based on your Spiedel attachments, have you thought about a CIP sray ball attachment?

What about a blichmann pump head with TC inlet and outlets?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you don't sell their pump.

Hey Jay, do you work with SS coiled tubing? Looking for a custom SS immersion wort chiller. With my false bottom, I only have about 4" of wort so the chiller needs to be spread out and flat. Basically the King Cobra from Jaded, just in SS.

Hey Jay, do you work with SS coiled tubing? Looking for a custom SS immersion wort chiller. With my false bottom, I only have about 4" of wort so the chiller needs to be spread out and flat. Basically the King Cobra from Jaded, just in SS.

We don't man. Sorry! Would love to help.

Cheers
Jay

We don't man. Sorry! Would love to help.

Cheers
Jay

No problem. I've been looking for other solutions and found a SS CFC which I may go with.

I'll be ordering the CO2 harvest kit and 1.5" TC gas post with PRV in the next few days.

Jay,

I'm looking for a way to pass your mash stirrer through a 3" TC port I have in the lid of my mash tun in such a way that I could spin it while maintaining seal. The MT will be purged with CO2 or N2 which I want to maintain. I was thinking either a sealed bearing pressed or welded into the TC or maybe a compression fitting with lubed up o-rings? Thoughts on what would work best or what you could do are appreciated.

Last edited:
Jay... sent you a couple PM's. Please respond or let me know you will pass.
I did show I sent you a PM on DEC 20. Just shot it back over.

I am not a big fan of how the new PM layout is. They don't show WHO started the conversation just the last person to post in it.

Cheers
Jay

Jay,

I'm looking for a way to pass your mash stirrer through a 3" TC port I have in the lid of my mash tun in such a way that I could spin it while maintaining seal. The MT will be purged with CO2 or N2 which I want to maintain. I was thinking either a sealed bearing pressed or welded into the TC or maybe a compression fitting with lubed up o-rings? Thoughts on what would work best or what you could do are appreciated.

Can you remove the lid? Or do we need to make the paddle parts smaller to fit through a 3" TC cap?

Cheers
Jay

Can you remove the lid? Or do we need to make the paddle parts smaller to fit through a 3" TC cap?

Cheers
Jay

It would need to fit through so I can remove it to attach my CIP sprayer.

Latest posts

Back