Do you have a beard?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Man of the beard?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
magno said:
You know what Dan? Maybe I'd kiss you more if you shaved once in awhile! BTW, you should put up a picture of you with the goatee. That thing was giant; I'm sure everyone will be impressed. ;) I think I measured it once at 3 inches. And you have a sort of beard if you count that thing under your lip. I do not know what that is called.

Have you drank your prison hooch yet? I will give you a five day no shaving pass if you try just a little. (He used my expired bread yeast and gatorade powder-- this was a few months ago).

How's the mead coming along? I bet it won't get you as messed up as the hoooooooch...

xoxo, Viv

And if you are going to be calling me "SWMBO" :p then you should at least pretend to obey! Really, Dan, c'mon.

Looks like we've been discovered boys, duck and cover.

Yuri_Rage said:
No beard. Three strikes:
I work for one of those "companies" that don't allow it.
SWMBO hates it.
It looks bad if I try.

Since you call yourself "Tim Allen's Clone," I was expecting one of your answers to be "It's something else to catch on fire."

I've proudly worn a beard since I was 16 (freaked people out a bit, but hey. whaddyagonnado...

It was sort of the Amish thing (some called it a "chinstrap").

I lost it for 2 weeks- I shaved it the morning of election day, 2004, hoping that changing my facial hair would bring a change of administrations.

When that didn't happen, the bear came back- PLUS the full up-the-mouth-and-into-a-'stache thing.

Most of current friends never knew me without a beard. They'd be freaked if it went away.

I've had a goatee or beard since I was a freshman in college. I think I've shaved it off maybe 3 times since 1997.

here's my beard mug trying to stay awake after an 8 hour drive through snowy mountain passes, coming down off of a full throttle energy drink and a pack of Hostess chocolate covered cake doughnuts high!!!:drunk:

View attachment 452

TxBrew said:
Beards are less common here in Texas because it's so damn hot but I've noticed a large portion of home brewers I meet have full beards.

So ..........

Do you currently have a beard?

Not talking about stuble, talking full ZZ Topish beard.

ha.. No, I would but it doesn't grow in.

I was gonna start this poll....so I searched cause I thought someone might have already polled this...so i'm bringin it back from the depths...

Whos sporting the wooley!

BL_HORIZONTAL_beardly4_without_sm.jpg

Unfortunately I'm not allowed...and not just because the SWMBO doesn't really care for it.

Since I'm an active firefighter I need to adhere to NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) standards. Of course they claim with facial hair it prohibits a successful seal on the facemask. I can get away with a bit of a scruffy look, but much more than that and I start getting **** from the powers that be.

Unfortunately I'm not allowed...and not just because the SWMBO doesn't really care for it.

Since I'm an active firefighter I need to adhere to NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) standards. Of course they claim with facial hair it prohibits a successful seal on the facemask. I can get away with a bit of a scruffy look, but much more than that and I start getting **** from the powers that be.

Well...that does make sense considering the dangers of smoke inhalation. I suppose that could be a reason most military can't have facial hair...NBC gear....aka gas masks.

You know beards make your beer better...:tank:

I have a full beard whenever the job i'm working will let me. I'm a cook, and the facial hair policy varies from place to place. Since i started working at the brewery though, this thing's been getting out of control.

sure do! SWMBO requested it. so i grew it, and i haven't trimmed it in a few weeks, it's getting rediculous, i need to trim the stash though... i'm eating hairz :(

I voted yes, although technically I don't at this juncture. I only shave once a year, it just happens that the shave was last week.

i do not currently.
i'm considering growing one, though. the rules at my work are "clean shaven, unless you're growing a beard" and that sounds like a good reason to go to the bearded side of life.

mostly a the goat and stache. although i've been letting the sides grow for a while now. gonna try for the full beard, its just so damn patchy!

Started with a full beard in 1971, but I soon trimmed it down to a mustache and goatee. Today, both 'stash and goatee are almost pure white...and that's OK with me, since I turn 65 years old next month! I've had the 'stash since my wedding day...9 August 1969.

glenn514:mug:

I usually have some form of beard going on, wether it is a goatee or an amish type beard (the moustache area is pretty barren). I just look too young without it and my girlfriend really doesn't like my "clean shaven look".

I might have to suck it up and go completly clean shaven after this year though, when I'll be lawyering full time.

i had a beard for a couple years, then shaved it all off. after about 3-4 months of shaving, i decided to grow it back.

I quit shaving a week after I finished high school in 1975. Over the years I've had to occasionally shave for work(around hydrogen sulfide) but other than that I've always had a beard.
30 years ago I was working on a well about 200 miles from home and had to shave the day I got there. 2 weeks later I got to go home for a couple of days and showed up with no beard. My wife was p*ssed, she told me not to ever come home without my beard.
Back in 1998 I cut my ponytail off and I couldn't make people believe it wasn't there still. Until I handed it to my wife she couldn't make her brain see me without it, and my parents were the same way.

I have a goatee, but I always think my beard looks like **** when I grow it in fully. I have pretty long hair, though.

Have a goat going on. It will go 3-4 inches before wifey decides it's too long, and then I cut it down to about half that. If it were up to me, it would grow until it was getting in the way of things, like dipping into my food.

I had a goat when I was at my last place of employment, but the current one won't allow it. Part of the job requirement for my current position is to be part of the fire brigade, so I need to be able to get a good seal with an SCBA mask on. Funny part is, when I first fitted for the mask, I still had the goat and it sealed fine, but company policy says no facial hair. :(

Latest posts

Back