Do I still have viable yeast for bottle carbing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmf143

Reaction score
I racked an Altbier to secondary on December 5 and have been lagering it at 45 degrees since then. Do I need to pitch some dry yeast when I bottle it? Its a 5 gallon batch, and I'm only going to bottle a 12 pack and keg the rest, so if I have to use dry yeast when I bottle, how much would I use? I used Wyeast 1007 German Ale Yeast when I brewed the batch.

I would just keg all of it and use the BMBF to bottle your twelve pack after it is carbed. Way easier than messing around with sugar and yeast.

That's an option certainly, and I have done that in the past. I still want to botttle a 12'ver with priming sugar though if for no other reason than comparing the results.

I would just use the Coopers carb drops for your 12 pack. Those things work great every time.

I think you should be fine with the yeast you have. Trying to measure out the correct amount of dry yeast for an amount that small will be pretty tough and mostly unnecessary.

I think you will be fine with the yeast you have. I regularly cold crash to 35 and bottle with no issues. I use normal priming sugar method.

Latest posts

Back