Do I have a problem?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RADMAD

Reaction score
I have 4 first yr hop Plants growing like crazy and all seems good except for some of the leaves seem to be dryer and are developing brown spots on them. any ideas on what I am facing or am I worrying over nothing? No fertilizers have been used and only moderate watering due to regular rain so far this spring.

DSC_0202.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

I have 4 first yr hop Plants growing like crazy and all seems good except for some of the leaves seem to be dryer and are developing brown spots on them. any ideas on what I am facing or am I worrying over nothing? No fertilizers have been used and only moderate watering due to regular rain so far this spring.

Yes. That desk is horribly cluttered and that electric bill is overdue by a month!

You know, someone else recently posted a picture that showed something very similar on their hops (which I have seen before). Today, I took a look at one of my plants that had a few leaves that had the same problem. I made a cutting from that plant earlier in the season and planted it away from my main garden and when I checked that one out today, same problem on it. I don't know exactly what it is and it doesn't seem to alter the vigor of the plants, but the fact that it occurred on both the mother and the cutting leads me to think it may be some sort of virus. Doubt it it's anything to be concerned about but I've been wrong before? Hoppy Trails~

Well the $$$$ dropped on my daughters years at Purdue may of paid off a little tonight. When I showed her a sample leaf will the brown spots she ran off with it to her room and came back in a few minutes with a printout from a site

http://www.flairform.com/hints/nutrient_deficiency.htm

This link gives a great description of the terms and then a flowchart you can follow to get a idea of what your Nutrient Deficiency might be.

In my case it looks like Magnesium is the culprit.

Back