Do brewers have better body yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bleme

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was reading the "my beer turned out fine" thread and yet another "I stuck my whole arm in my cooled wort" post and it occurred to me.... So many of these guys say that it made the best beer yet. Is it possible that Rogue is onto something with their Beard Beer? Maybe these beers turned out so good BECAUSE of the arm contact and all those wild yeasts going for a swim.

crash1292 said:
I always scratch my nuts before I stick my hand in my wort....and it turns out great!

You should send a sample of your yeast in to White Labs so you can get the patent...
Just make sure you PM me with the number it gets assigned so I can avoid it...

I always scratch my nuts before I stick my hand in my wort....and it turns out great!

Yeah, me too!

But I don't have nuts.

And I don't scratch crash's nuts either.

When I said "me, too!" I just meant that I could do it, if I wanted to. And if I had nuts. Which I don't.

Wait. What?

I doubt there is a heavy market for a creamcheese and smoked salmon ale

:eek:

**Just me? Or did yooper indulge in a little nonsensical just then??? record the date and time**

So............is there actual yeast found under one's existing nuts? Imaginary nuts? Under pine nuts?

Say you work at a brewery that operates with open fermentation. Now, what's gonna happen if, say, a woman with that not-so-fresh feeling indulges in a little relief scratch while no one is looking before checking the vessels? Duck butter bitters?

cheezydemon3 said:
Nasty rabbit, lol, love the name. Thanks for the link.

My wife wanted my user name to be "Cranial Enema" because she said that I have my head up my a$$.

Latest posts

Back