Django Unchained

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chocotaco

Reaction score
Watching it right now; not sure how I feel about the movie yet but what gave me a chuckle was the sightings of modern EZ-cap bottles with obviously plastic tops and silicone gaskets. First scene with Leo DiCaprio. First of all, those bottles weren't even invented until 1874, over a decade after the film is set. Second, if you're going to fudge it, at least use OG ceramic swing-tops!

Because everything else in the film is so historically accurate (sarcasm)

I liked the movie a lot although I didn't look for historical issues knowing it came from Tarantino(sp).

Yeah, I don't go into a Tarantino film expecting excruciatingly accurate historical accuracies.

I thought it was pretty good, but not one of his best. I did like Inglorious Basterds much more.

Just went back and watched Deathproof the other day.

He sure knows how to make a film with style!

I love Tarantino!

I thought Django was great!

My favorite Tarantino film still has to be Pulp Fiction though..... With Reservoir Dogs bringing up a close second.....

I love the Kill Bill series, but not because of their historical accuracy.

Watching it right now; not sure how I feel about the movie yet but what gave me a chuckle was the sightings of modern EZ-cap bottles with obviously plastic tops and silicone gaskets. First scene with Leo DiCaprio. First of all, those bottles weren't even invented until 1874, over a decade after the film is set. Second, if you're going to fudge it, at least use OG ceramic swing-tops!

Because everything else in the film is so historically accurate (sarcasm)

Considering the movie was not being marketed as a documentary on bottle caps, nor was it marketed as non-fiction, I fail to see why it matters?

Considering the movie was not being marketed as a documentary on bottle caps, nor was it marketed as non-fiction, I fail to see why it matters?

It doesn't matter. I just got a kick out of it, I guess because I use the exact same bottles from time to time and they stuck out to me like a sore thumb.

It's like when the little girl in Jurrasic Park says, "This is a UNIX system... I know this!" and then proceeds to fly around in the filesystem using fsn as if that's what UNIX is all about. To most people it's like, "Oooh, high tech!" but to anyone who's ever used UNIX (or even IRIX) it's a bit of a chuckle. Doesn't matter to the plot, but it's still a fun bit of trivia.

When I would see things like that as a kid my dad would say its movie magic. Django was one of my favorite QT films. Pulp Fiction will always be number one. Speaking of historically inaccurate films I'm pretty sure Hitler didn't die in a movie theater, lol.

It doesn't matter. I just got a kick out of it, I guess because I use the exact same bottles from time to time and they stuck out to me like a sore thumb.

It's like when the little girl in Jurrasic Park says, "This is a UNIX system... I know this!" and then proceeds to fly around in the filesystem using fsn as if that's what UNIX is all about. To most people it's like, "Oooh, high tech!" but to anyone who's ever used UNIX (or even IRIX) it's a bit of a chuckle. Doesn't matter to the plot, but it's still a fun bit of trivia.

That's funny because when I took a course in college on UNIX the subject of Jurrasic Park came up and I just snorted. The instructor gave me a funny look.

Dude, it's still a 12 yo girl. And she still has to navigate her way through someone else's system.

Back