DIY/My Keezer/tap setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spawn-Inc

Reaction score
Started brewing 5 weeks ago and have done 4x 5 gallon batches so far but tired of bottling and got a freezer for free so time to make a keezer!

I bought a Inkbird 308 to control temps which is working well so far. I wanted to mount the faucet on my kitchen counter as that's the only place i have space in my house. Being in the HVAC trade i decided to use 2" gas pipe for the tower. I ran two beer lines but am only using one for now. I also ran two 3/8" ID lines to run chilled water through to keep the beer cold. The freezer is in the basement and the tap is on the first floow. I have about 8' height difference and roughly 10' of line between the keg and tap. I double wrapped the beer and cooling lines with 1/4" thick foam tape, hopefully that will be enough. For the cooling lines i will have a bucket of water/antifreeze inside the keezer. I have an aquarium pump that will curculate the water 24/7 to keep the beer chilled in the lines.

Waiting on a co2 bottle fill and for the keg to carb after i get the co2 filled before the beer starts flowing. First beer in the keg will be a session ipa make with 1 pound of hops :):) (10 oz summit and 6 oz cascade)

Pictures of the build.

Mock up of the final product.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's cool. I have to walk all the way to the garage to pour a pint.. Now I'm wondering if I can run a line to put a faucet on the recliner.

I thought about that too, one by the couch, one by the computer room, one by the bed, and one in the shower. Hmm... i may have a problem...

Final product :)

I clear coated the gas pipe because those fittings rust if you look at them wrong.

Still need to insulate the 2x4 frame some more but it will work for now. Added some antifreeze to the chilling line for no other reason then i had it on hand.

The anti-freeze will keep biological stuff from growing in your cooling loop. It's a good idea

That looks really cool. Is it staying cold enough up there that you're not getting foam?

You might consider using spray-foam insulation inside the tower. You might be getting condensation inside, which over time will allow mold to grow.

That looks really cool. Is it staying cold enough up there that you're not getting foam?

You might consider using spray-foam insulation inside the tower. You might be getting condensation inside, which over time will allow mold to grow.

3rd batch was kegged last night, the first two were good though i'm stilling figuring out how much co2 to use for different beers. I thought about insulting the inside of the tower but I want it serviceable down the road. Also it should be getting enough air and the tower itself it's really cold enough to condense water onto so i'm not really worried about mould. The next time it comes apart I will be clear coating the inside which I forgot to do. With the pump on all the time it's almost cold enough but some work needs to be done. I usually pour enough to clear the lines of beer outside the keezer, drink it then pour a full pint and it's fine. Not a whole lot of foam but i've learned to control it with the flow control on the tap. Actually sometimes there isn't enough foam but that may be my lack of experience in carbing up the beers.

Latest posts

Back