DIY FTSs coil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sioux Brew

Reaction score
I’m wondering what people think of this? I’m thinking of buying the brew bucket from SS Brewtech. I really want to get the ftss chilling addition package, Burt he price tag is killing me. So I’ve been doing some looking around, and I stumbled up this coil.

http://shop.greatfermentations.com/...al-blichmann-engineering/blichmann-fermenator

Has anyone had any luck making their own? I’m thinking that I could get my own pump and thermowell and utilize my inkbird controller to control the pump.

Do you guys think this would work?

Check out stainlessbrewing.com they can make a custom stainless coil almost any deminsion you need for a pretty reasonable price.

Currently making one of my own, but worth noting that compression fittings are expensive.

Do you have any pictures do your progress? I’d love to get some inspiration.

Not much to see right now. I bought a stainless coil made to be an immersion coil off ebay, and that's as far as I've gotten.

Not much to see right now. I bought a stainless coil made to be an immersion coil off ebay, and that's as far as I've gotten.

Once you do get something worked up I’d love to see what you have!

Once you do get something worked up I’d love to see what you have!

Can do, but I'm not sure what that will help. Rough plan is that I am going to chop off the top few inches of a stainless wort chiller, drill 2 holes in my fermenter lid, through which I will put compression fittings to attach/seal/hold the coil on the inside end, and an elbow / flare adapter on the outside. Won't look like much.

I also may just abandon the whole thing, because glycol is really expensive.

Back