DIY - Festival Serving Table - Share Your Ideas!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHappyHopper

Reaction score
So I served my homebrew at my first festival earlier this year and I have another one coming up here in about 3 weeks. I love the experience and I plan on serving at every one that I can in the future. At the festivals that I have attended, I have always seen guys that have put together really cool jockey boxes or portable bar tops that they bring with them. They tend to give a more professional or official look to their home brewery and I think they help attract more people to their booth (over the random schmucks like me who just have a folding table and a cooler of beers).

So I am looking for ideas or photos of things that you have done or seen at homebrew festivals. Bar tops, tables, signs, etc. that help class-up the booth.

Right now I am currently serving out of bottles - I am looking to start kegging in the near future, but I am trying to come up with something that would work in either format. I am wanting something easily portable, that could be folded up, or easily disassembled for easy transportation. I like to DIY and do woodworking projects and I can be moderately artistic, so I am wide open to suggestions.

I have a couple of flat, hollow-core, bi-fold closet doors that we took out of our house after we moved in (Similar to these). I am thinking about hooking up the two sets (so there are 4 panels total) and then painting the whole thing with chalkboard paint. Then (depending on the serving area), I could either:
1. Lay it flat to use as a table top (with 2-3 panels acting as the tabletop that I could write on the beer names/stats, and the other 1-2 panels folding down, like an "apron", to add my home brewery name/table number). or
2. It could stand up in the background and I could draw on a logo in the middle and use the two side panels to write in the beers.

Here are some sketches to give a little bit clearer of a picture of what I am describing (apologies to the professional Cad techs out there, I know these are pretty rough):
panel%2Bsetup.PNG

That's not a bad idea - It would certainly look a lot better than just a plastic cooler, and if you were using a jockey box, you could mount the taps through the non-hinged side for the server to access.

One of our fellow club members brought a high skinny table for use at one of our festivals and it worked really well for serving beers.

2pHUv6.jpg

It had two problems that I wanted to remedy: 1) it was about 6" too long to fit into the bed of a full-size pickup truck without being loaded diagonally and 2) the legs weren't collapsible for easy transport. So I drew up plans for a new and improved serving table:

SqYImY.jpg

The diagonal supports will be removable and then the legs will fold inwards.

r0q0Ea.jpg

The inside shelf will be deep enough to hold bombers that sit inside a plastic ice tray if any of our members bring bombers of beer to share with the festival crowd (most of us usually donate corny kegs and we use trashcan kegerators for that.) The inside shelf is also useful for holding extra business cards and stacks of stickers and stuff like that.

I like your closet door idea, particularly the 2b setup with a center logo. I think that would look pretty classy. Just make sure you either seal your logo or you use something other than chalk so it won't smudge on the way to the festival.

Not a serving table per se, but this is my serving setup:
IMG_20150228_164814.jpg

The only trouble with it is I have a tendency to drip onto my bottles if I'm not careful.

Back