DIY Brew Stand?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneHoppyGuy

Reaction score
Curious to know if brewers would be interested in buying a kit that has all the steel cut ready to weld and includes assembly instructions/video?

We would also have drop-in burner options available.

What do you think?

a no weld option would be nice,I would think folks who have a welder will most likely have a means of cutting material to size also.

I would definitely be interested. I also agree that a bolt-together option would be nice unless the kit is going to be priced low enough to make it worthwhile to go buy a welder. I'm perfectly comfortable with welding regular steel (no experience with stainless), I just don't have the equipment anymore.

You might also reach a wider market if you had a couple of kits available. At the very least I would suggest a single tier kit and a gravity fed kit.

agreeing with the posts above. Every welder-owner i know also has the cutting tools, and likes using their tools. I also know a few folks sans equipment (and skills) that would be very interested in a bolt together kit.

Yeah a bolt together option would be awesome and if you would ship it to people the cheapest and simplest option would be the "erector set" stands because of shipping weight. I like your idea of giving people the option to buy burners off you as well so its an easy one stop shop but if you were trying to build your own burners i have to give props to Brewpastor for his DIY burner design, i just came across a thread with it about an hour ago and if what he says about them toasting 40 gallons then thats pretty impressive...
I built two of these dual jet burners. It is an easy DIY project and they do burn!

Here are some views to give you a general idea.

IM001252.jpg

The two tubes are galvanized fence post cut to length.

IM001254-1.jpg

The gas pipe is ½ “ black pipe with a brass gas nipple on one end and 2 brass caps off a T on the other end.

IM001256-1.jpg

Each cap has a small hole (gas orifice) drilled in it.

IM001255.jpg

IM001253.jpg

but anywho look into it, make it happen, make yourself some money

Thanks for the feedback... We'll have to look into a bolt-together design.
The burner drop-in will be available soon. It's designed to use a selection of different burners and can be purchased separately from stands. The design is similar to a commercial cook top. Photos soon...

These burners are great. I now have build and use three sets (two doubles and one single). They are really simple.

As for bolt together brew stands, that is how I built mine. It is rock solid and adjustable. I have changed it up a couple times with time being the only cost.

Yeah a bolt together option would be awesome and if you would ship it to people the cheapest and simplest option would be the "erector set" stands because of shipping weight. I like your idea of giving people the option to buy burners off you as well so its an easy one stop shop but if you were trying to build your own burners i have to give props to Brewpastor for his DIY burner design, i just came across a thread with it about an hour ago and if what he says about them toasting 40 gallons then thats pretty impressive...

but anywho look into it, make it happen, make yourself some money

Back