Diy beer gun for bottle bucket?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sepanik1986

Reaction score
Has anyone made one? I'm getting lazy these days when bottling 10 gallons and would love to speed things up. I haven't started to plan anything yet but I'm hoping to get ideas from the community to steer me in the right direction

find that giant "we dont need no stinking beer gun" thread and take a look. Its for hooking up to a CO2 tank with kegging equipment, but I bet a few adaptors and fitting and you could get it hooked up to your bottling bucket

find that giant "we dont need no stinking beer gun" thread and take a look. Its for hooking up to a CO2 tank with kegging equipment, but I bet a few adaptors and fitting and you could get it hooked up to your bottling bucket

I don't see how this would be advantageous over a regular bottling wand. Instead of just pressing the bottling wand to the bottom of the bottle you have to open a picnic tapper.

I did see a post from passedpawn on here somewhere where he drilled a hole to add a second spigot and bottling wand so he could fill bottles twice as fast.

the bottling wand has that valve on the bottom which will create more turbulence in the beer coming out, causing more foam. You want to minimize foam as much as possible when bottling carbonated beer from a keg

also, more importantly, the beer gun and the counter-pressure filler let you purge the bottle so the beer is not exposed to oxygen. This greatly increases the shelf life of your beers, especially IPAs

the bottling wand has that valve on the bottom which will create more turbulence in the beer coming out, causing more foam. You want to minimize foam as much as possible when bottling carbonated beer from a keg

also, more importantly, the beer gun and the counter-pressure filler let you purge the bottle so the beer is not exposed to oxygen. This greatly increases the shelf life of your beers, especially IPAs

I'm aware of all that stuff, and it is irrelevant to this thread. OP is looking to speed up bottling from a bucket not a carbonated keg.

Sorry about the late reply to the thread. Thanks all for the contributions. What I should've added is that the current setup on my bottle bucket is an inch of tubing that connects my bottle wand to the spigot of my bottle bucket and I was wanting a way that I could just go from bottle to bottle. For some reason I didn't think I could buy more tubing to make the bottle wand "longer?" But my problem with all the different wands I have used is they tend to drip quite a bit going from bottle to bottle so I was thinking something with a trigger valve would help with that situation. However I haven't been able to find anything that would work for what I am thinking

Get a longer run of tubing, mine is 3'.

I don't think changing the type of valve from a bottle wand is going to reduce dripping. Just hold the wand over your filled bottle for a second, before going to the next bottle. Also, be prepared to spill some.

Latest posts

Back