Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrunkenWeasel

Cold Beer and a Hot Wife
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I use a 240/5500 Blichman BrewEasy setup with the 30gal pots for brewing. 2x Ferminators mounted in upright freezers for fermentation. I went through 3 separate brewery set-ups before settling on my current brewing setup, and wish I had made the appropriate investments early. Is there a way to supplement this and use it for distilling, or can someone recommend a good setup otherwise?

I use a 240/5500 Blichman BrewEasy setup with the 30gal pots for brewing. 2x Ferminators mounted in upright freezers for fermentation. I went through 3 separate brewery set-ups before settling on my current brewing setup, and wish I had made the appropriate investments early. Is there a way to supplement this and use it for distilling, or can someone recommend a good setup otherwise?
If you could dublicate the coller on wich the mastun sits (without the side ports) and seal it well you could mount a column on it. While your investment into the rig is substantial I would say look into a plated column if you will buy. Else a packed column if you will build.

You could do something like this:

IMG_1107.JPG

How handy are you?

If you know how to solder and brazen it's not too hard to build the column yourself using easy plans and the lid for one of your mash pots. Plus 30gal is massive for both pot and reflux stills

Latest posts

Back