Dispensing question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ai4px

Reaction score
Hope you guys don't mind my asking a question about a keezer.

We're covering our patio by the pool this summer and making a bar area. I already have a kegerator, but it won't work in the planned bar, so I gotta make a keezer with a coffin. While I'm at it, I'd like to get a corny keg for soda for the kids and also have liquor on tap. So I'll have three regulators, beer, soda, liquor. I've ordered a wunderbar for the soda and liquor.

I don't want carbonated liquor... so can I just put a low pressure charge of co2 on that set of bottles or would nitrogen be the choice?

It only takes a very slight amount of pressure from CO2 to start the carbonation process. You will have to try nitrogen to keep it from carbing up.

Since liquor won't go bad with exposure to air, I may just get a small air tank and fill it from my workshop compressor. I think a test is in order though... it would certainly be nice to use one CO2 bottle for all.

What I have found is that a compression 3/8 fitting uses a 9/16 straight thread, and if you grind the flats off a 9/16 bulkhead nut, it'll fit perfectly inside a 2liter bottle cap. Some RTV around the fitting and I'll have a good solid base to plumb into a 2liter bottle.

My plan right now is to get what they call a "run tee" with compression fittings on one end and the side of the tee. The other end of the tee is a NPT pipe thread which is easily adapted to a 1/4" compression fitting. The 1/4 line can then run thru the 3/8, into the bottle and terminate in the bottom of the 2liter. I can tighten the 1/4" compression fitting in the middle of that tube and draw liquor from it. I can blow compressed air into the 3/8" side of the tee to pressurize the bottle.

Don't use your compressor to push or pressurize your liquor, unless your compressor is the "oilless" type, and then use a good filter between it and the liquor as well.

Latest posts

Back