Dip Tube O Ring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmd1971

Reaction score
Hi,

Just cleaning up a newly purchased used Corny keg & noticed the o ring on the beer out dip tube is a bit worn. Went to the local HB shop & all they have (and Northern Brewer too, for that matter) are rounded o rings, not the squared type that came on the keg.

Is it ok to use the round ones? Or do I need to hunt down some squared ones somewhere?

Thanks for the help!

I get all my Orings from McMaster Carr

Dip Tube - Double Seal size 109 part no 90025K368 - $7.61 per pack of 100
Post - Size 111 Part No 1884T27 - $5.10 per pack of 50*
Lid - Size 417 part no 9396K926 - 8.53 per pack of 5

The Post O-rings are different because I wanted green ones and didn't want to pay $.50 ea that alot of other sites sell them for. Any Buna-N/Silicone size 111 oring will work for the posts.

The Dip Tube Orings are the double seal/square orings. I like them because I don't have to torque down the posts as hard to get a good seal. Personally, for the very slight difference in price, I say they are worth it. Also, there are *some* kegs that do not seal quite well with the standard size 109 orings.

Hi,

Just cleaning up a newly purchased used Corny keg & noticed the o ring on the beer out dip tube is a bit worn. Went to the local HB shop & all they have (and Northern Brewer too, for that matter) are rounded o rings, not the squared type that came on the keg.

Is it ok to use the round ones? Or do I need to hunt down some squared ones somewhere?

Thanks for the help!

The square O-rings were originally installed by Cornelius but they have not been manufactured for years. The round ones are fine.

The square O-rings were originally installed by Cornelius but they have not been manufactured for years. The round ones are fine.

6540kc1l.png

The round ones do work but they get cut up immediately by the post threads.

I have used the round ones for years and have not seen any cut up by the post threads. In my opinion the X-rings you show a picture of add nothing to justify their higher price.

I ordered dip tube o rings from chicompany and they were the original square type. Just incase anyone was looking for them

I have used the round ones for years and have not seen any cut up by the post threads. In my opinion the X-rings you show a picture of add nothing to justify their higher price.

I have a couple of kegs that will actually leak CO2 if I don't use the QuadSeal rings like Bobby showed. The QS rings are basically a standard oring with 4 larger radius, smaller diameter, orings attached to the main one at 90 deg offsets. On some diptubes, the standard orings will actually slide right off. These won't.

Back