Different faucets for carbonated water? (Standard beer or flow control or nitro)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanoc

Reaction score
Hello all,

I keep a 2.5 gallon keg in the fridge with just plain carbonated water. Instead of using the picnic tap inside the fridge, I would like to mount a beer faucet on my fridge door. Do you guys have any opinions on weather or not I should use a regular beer faucet, nitro faucet, or perhaps a flow control beer faucet?

The setup is as follows:

-Keg (carbed @ 40psi, then turned down to ~12psi for serving)
-5ft of 3/16 line
-To faucet in the door (beer faucet, flow control faucet, nitro???)

Anyone have experience with this? Thanks so much for any input you might have!!

I have a 5 gallon keg of sparkling water on tap at all times. I fill the keg with filtered water, plop it into my keezer, set the gas to 35 psi and leave it there for the duration. I use 11 feet of beer line (because that is what was already hooked up to the tap) and use a regular Intertap faucet with the automatic close spring in it. Works like a charm.

I don't believe you need a flow control tap for water, because water doesn't get a head. But it can't hurt to use it if you don't need it for beer.

I just recently bought a carbonation stone keg lid so I can carb the water (and my beer and kombucha) quicker. For my last water keg, I used the carbonation stone lid set at 35 psi and had carbonated water in less than 24 hours.

I have a keg of water on tap at all times, but I like it very sparkling so I have it at 30 psi. That set up is with a regular faucet, and a regular beerline but with 25' of beerline to serve it.

Latest posts

Back