Did my yeast get to warm?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingnutt73

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I place an order and had 2 all grain batches shipped to my house. I got liquid yeast and paid an extra $1.00 for a ice pack. Thing is they shipped it last Thursday. So I would say If the Ice pack lasted lets say 24 hours heck even 48 hours which there is no way cause it was HAWT as heck down here in middle TN this weekend. That would mean they have been at about a steady 80-90 degrees for 3 days. Aside from trying them to find out should I just save myself the heart ache and go get new or use these guys?

Just make a starter if you doubt the viability of your yeast. Unless it was actually warm to your touch it's probably not completely dead.

You should be making a starter anyway, so give it a go. If it won't ferment the starter it won't ferment the beer. With the starter you will know before it goes into the beer wort.

Back