Did my batch stall out??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hooterjbrew

Reaction score
Done an 8.5gal batch to split for two different yeast strains. London ale III and Vermont ale from yeast bay. I done to 2l starter for the vermont and pitched to bags of the LAIII (one older and one fresher). Pitched both friday night at 1030. By 6am saturday both were going strong with tall krausen ring already (LAIII more so) Checked last night and seemed as if VA strain had slowed down and just checked 30min ago and all of the krausen has dropped out already with the VA strain and the airlock has super slow activity in it. Is this normal for the krausen to drop out so quickly? First time using it. TIA

That is my go to Conan yeast and it is FAST to drop krausen. Even my IIPA looks done by day 3 ,but stuff is still going on. It takes a while to finish and clean up.I tried to bring a NEIPA to an event in 3 weeks and that was too soon. I primary for 3 weeks and condition for 2. This yeast also goes clear in the kegerator quickly.

That is my go to Conan yeast and it is FAST to drop krausen. Even my IIPA looks done by day 3 ,but stuff is still going on. It takes a while to finish and clean up.I tried to bring a NEIPA to an event in 3 weeks and that was too soon. I primary for 3 weeks and condition for 2. This yeast also goes clear in the kegerator quickly.

Thanks for the info, I've still got action on the blow off so I feel the work is still happening but not use to that after using London Ale III. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back