Did I manage to screw up using Kveik?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshua Hughes

Reaction score
Brewed an IPA yesterday using Kveik. Pitched hot as recommended and it took off and churned all evening. I had it on the porch most of the day and brought inside yes evening. I had it wrapped in a thick hoodie. Today it was much slower with bubbling obv the house isn’t warm enough to keep it in the 80’s I’d imagine. This evening I think fermentation has slowed or stopped. No bubbling and no bubble on the krausen. Most of the Krausen if not all has dropped to the bottom.

plan moving forward? Do I get it outside to warm up tomorrow? I ordered a warmer but it will be here by the next brew day. Just let it ride? My house is 72-73 but it did get some time around 68-70. I do not have a fermentation temp strip on this carboys.

thanks

I may bottle this thing later today or tomorrow. Heard it bottle carbs quick as long as it doesn’t sit in primary too long. Anything to this?

Latest posts

Back