Did I leave my Festa Brew too long in Primary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattIsFat

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I'm a first time brewer that started with a Festa Brew kit where it's just a big bag of wort and you add yeast.

I've read about what others do, and a lot of them suggested leaving it in the primary fermenter for about 2 weeks.
Well, I'm really lazy so mine has been sitting in my primary for about 4 weeks now, and the primary is just a bucket with a loose lid on the top.

I couldn't really find anything about leaving it for this long so I'm asking you guys for help, what would you do in my situation?
I can either transfer it to a secondary for some more time, or straight to bottling, assuming that this batch is still usable.

Thanks for all the help you can give me.

Just for clarity's sake, you should rack it to a bottling bucket with your priming solution first, then you should bottle it.

My apologies if you already know this :)

There have been times when I have left my Festa brew in the primary for up to two months. No problems noticed. You should invest in a sealed bucket with airlock for more predictable results. Loose lids sink sips. Sorry.

Thanks everyone.

And yeah I agree about the sealed bucket that I can out an airlock into, I'll definitely be looking into one for my next batch.

I just left something sitting in primary for about... 4 months. I would say you're awesome...but I just found out that batch is infected. I'm not sure if the two are related....but considering that brew's sister batch sat for 3 months in primary (and tasted awesome) I would say you're awesome.

I know its not festa brew but man ive left beer in a fermenter for over a year and it turned out fine i even bottle carbed those beers with no problems. RDWHAHB

Let me get this straight, they make a wort that all you have to do is put yeast in?? No hop additions or anything??

And I thought I was lazy.

I think one of the guys craigtube hangs out with brewed one. they reviewed it on one of his shows.

Let me get this straight, they make a wort that all you have to do is put yeast in?? No hop additions or anything??

And I thought I was lazy.

Yup, there's also Brewhouse that has the wort in bag kits. It's basically like a wine kit, you get a bag of wort that you add to your fermentor, top it up with water, add yeast and your done. I haven't tried the Festa Juice ones but I tried the Brew House Red ale and IPA and they were pretty decent.

Mattisfat what province do you live in?

Back