Did I get a Danby that actually works?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snidepath

Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently picked up a Danby kegerator even after reading about the issues with not getting cold enough. Researched the mods and figured I couldn't pass it up for $100.

The first thing I did was plug it in and crank it all the way down to 36 degrees. Then I placed a secondary thermometer in there to verify. Danby display read 36 degrees and my secondary (a ink bird temperature controller) said it was 32 degrees. Keep in my my second probe was hanging in the middle and dangling down about 5 or 6 inches. My stock Danby probe has been relocated a little closer to the front of the unit. Basically as far as the stock wires would let me.

Did I actually get a fully functional Danby? Are those temps about where I need to be?

That's more than cold enough to dispense pretty much any style beer.
I think you have the one that actually works! :mug:

Cheers! (And keep your fingers crossed ;))

Well, I'm thoroughly surprised. I already have parts ordered for the tower cooling mod. I should be golden

Back