Did I break my regulator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esabasard

Reaction score
I was swapping tanks and may have over tightened the nut. It is no longer flat where the nylon washer goes and won't seal anymore at all. I attached two pictures to show. Is there a way I can fix this?

1398982829991.jpg

1398982849762.jpg

If you have a file, ( Bastard cut), and some patience, you could make it flat again, though it's kind of hard to tell ( for me) from the pic.

You'll also have to worry about your "filings" entering the regulator.

Find yourself another regulator is your best bet, a decent brand........I despise those Kegco ones, just from personal experiences.

I think it's more than a file, it's like the inside of the cylinder is coming out. I have tried to screw it in but it won't go anywhere.

I've attached a better picture hopefully. So is there no way to shove this piece back in there?

1398988840307.jpg

I replaced the nylon washer and it seems to be not leaking now so maybe I didn't break it after all. I am a little untrusting of this regulator now. What brand is recommended? I don't want to spend a fortune and I don't know that I need the second gauge since it resides in the fridge and the second gauge doesn't read when cold.

I have a Taprite, got it used, cleaned it up, and put in service, and have had no problems with it.

Just out of curiosity, does that "piece" have some slots cut into it, to facilitate screwing it in?

Back