dextrin malt haze?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Djuhnk

Reaction score
All of my beers always turn out brilliantly clear. Up until i brewed a pale ale with dextrin malt recently i used all the same techniques and similar ingredients to my IPA i make which turns out brilliantly clear. The only difference that i can tell is i used 5 lbs of crisp dextrin malt in a ~95 lb grain bill.
The boil showed promising hot break, but the finished beer is slightly hazy... not super hazy.. just slightly. Can anyone confirm my suspicion that it is caused by the starches in dextrin malt?

All of my beers always turn out brilliantly clear. Up until i brewed a pale ale with dextrin malt recently i used all the same techniques and similar ingredients to my IPA i make which turns out brilliantly clear. The only difference that i can tell is i used 5 lbs of crisp dextrin malt in a ~95 lb grain bill.
The boil showed promising hot break, but the finished beer is slightly hazy... not super hazy.. just slightly. Can anyone confirm my suspicion that it is caused by the starches in dextrin malt?

No, I can't imagine that 5% dextrine malt (or any amount, actually) could cause a haze.

Back